Benchmark’s handheld homogenizer, the D1000, is designed to rapidly homogenize, emulsify, suspend and disrupt biological samples. Ideal for use with microtubes, the homogenizer works well with samples from 0.1ml to 250ml (depending upon the generator probe used).
The D1000 is a rotor stator homogenizer, and works by drawing the sample, in liquid, into the generator probe with the variable speed rotor, and then forcing it out through the slots in the stator. This achieves mechanical shearing of the sample. As the sample is repeatedly drawn up and forced through the stator, additional shearing takes place.
Most samples are completely homogenized in 30 seconds or less. A powerful, 130W motor drives the rotor at speeds from 8,500 to 30,000 rpm. Speed is adjustable in six steps to meet sample processing needs. A separate on/off switch allows the homogenizer to be left at the appropriate setting.
Generator probes are available in four sizes. The 5mm and 7mm diameter probes have a 50mm length for use with samples in microtubes. The 10mm x 115mm probe is ideal for use with 15 and 50ml tubes and the 14mm x 130 mm probe, for 50ml tubes and vessels up to 250ml. The unit is supplied with one each of the 5mm and 7mm generator probes.
- All the generator probes are made of stainless steel and can be sterilized by autoclaving.
- Homogenize most samples in under 30 seconds
- For volumes from 100µl to 250ml
- Supplied with both 5mm & 7mm generator probes
- Speed Range 8500 to 30000rpm
- Capacity 0.1 to 250ml
- Noise Level <70 db
- Operating Temp. Range +4° to 65°C
- Dimensions 1.9 x 2.3 x 9 in. / 4.5 x 5.8 x 22.5 cm
- Weight 1.35 lbs / 0.62 kg
- Electrical 115V 60Hz or 230V 50Hz
- Warranty 2 years